Blue Slip Seven Hills
An Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection report (blue slip) verifies that an unregistered vehicle is safe, and that it meets design and identity standards. All unregistered light vehicles need a blue slip inspection before they can be registered in NSW. This includes vehicles:
- whose registration has expired more than 3 months ago
- that have been brought into NSW from interstate or overseas
- that have no number plates
- that were written-off, but have now been approved for re-registration
- that require adjustments in their registration records because something about the vehicle has changed significantly, such as a new engine
- that need defect notices cleared.
In most cases the result of an Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection is sent to Roads and Maritimes Services electronically, and the report is valid for 42 days.